Blackjack is one of the most beloved online casino games in Asia and worldwide. It is a game widely played both offline and online because it’s easy to understand but still challenging to win. The main objective of this game is to beat the dealer.
The goal is to have a higher value than what is on the dealer’s hand–but the value can’t go over 21.
We have created a guide on how you can efficiently play this game and win.
How Online Blackjack Works
Blackjack is a beginner-friendly game. Here is a complete guide on how to play this classic casino game:
- Select a table to play. Then, put down a sizeable bet, making sure that you have enough in your bankroll.
- You will be dealt with 2 cards. Digital casinos will give you a random card from the RNG, while a dealer will provide you with the 2 cards if you’re playing in a live casino.
- You will be shown one of the dealer’s cards if you’re on a live casino platform.
- Place a side bet to increase your odds of winning bigger payouts.
- Press a button to either hit or stand. This is where you will need to be strategic–you need to know when to hit or when to stand. When you hit, you increase the value of your cards. You will need to be careful not to reach higher than 21. When you stand, the dealer will know that you won’t be taking any more cards.
- Splitting means doubling your bet. This usually happens when you have 2 cards of the same value.
- If you think you’re about to lose, you can surrender.
- When the dealer shows that his hand value is lower, you win. If your hand is lower or if your hand crosses over 21, you lose.
How to Win Blackjack
Blackjack is a game where strategy and analytical thinking can help you win, but it’s not always simple, especially for new players.
You can use the following advice to improve your chances of winning:
- If you have prior knowledge of statistics, you may have a higher chance of winning.
- As a rule of thumb, always hit on an 8 or lower.
- If you have 4s, 5s, or 10s, don’t split. However, you can split aces.
- Remember to stand when you have a hard 17. The dealer will also always stand on a soft 17.
- Insurance bets will lower your odds of winning, so avoid acquiring them.
Now that you’re aware of the method and strategy, you’re ready to play and practice at playing your odds!